- Steam Train Dates
- Online Shop
- Website Contents
- About Us
Why join the RPSI?
So that you can join the many active volunteers that keep steam trains operating in Ireland.
The RPSI has over 1,000 members from all over the world. Our membership is drawn from a wide range of backgrounds, but we all have a common interest in seeing main line steam trains continue
to operate in Ireland. The RPSI is the only mainline steam train provider in Ireland.
What are the benefits of joining the RPSI?
The Society was formed in 1964 and is a registered charity. By joining you financially contribute to promoting its aims and work.
Membership entitles you to:
- Join in with the many active volunteers who help in all aspects of operating steam trains.
- Ad-hoc Irish railway news bulletins via e-mail (currently enjoyed by over 75% of our members).
- An annual glossy magazine "Five Foot Three" produced by the RPSI.
- Regular news-sheets and advance information on Society activities.
- The chance to become a volunteer and to help maintain and operate the RPSI trains.
- Free travel for regular volunteers on certain RPSI trains.
- Special offers on railway books and souvenirs.
- Regular meetings and film shows during the winter months.
How do I join?
Print out the relevant forms below. Fill them in and send with a cheque or bank draft (made payable to "The RPSI") to:
RPSI Membership, 148 Church Road, Newtownabbey, Co Antrim, N. Ireland, BT36 6HJ
We can accept most major credit and debit cards. Card payments will be processed in Pounds Sterling.
The current subscription rates are listed on the membership form.
Members who are United Kingdom taxpayers are encouraged to Gift Aid their subscription to the Society to allow us
to reclaim from the Inland Revenue tax paid on the amount.
Gift Aid Form
If you prefer you can pay your subscription by standing order.
Standing Order Form (Republic of Ireland, and Euro zone)
Standing Order Form (United Kingdom, and all other areas)
How can I volunteer to help - Now?
Once you have joined, have a look for more information.
How can I volunteer to help - After I'm gone?
If you would like to consider providing for the Society in your will
then more information is available.
The Gift Of A Lifetime
Thank you in advance for your support. Remember, without your contribution the RPSI would not exist for the enjoyment of thousands.
Keeping Steam alive in Ireland since 1964